It’s now possible for YouTube creators to change the name of their channel without changing the name on their Google account.
Creators can change both their channel name and photo and the changes will only be applied on YouTube.
Previously, in order for a YouTube creator to change the name of their channel, they would have to change the name that’s displayed across all Google services.
This update allows creators to use one name for their YouTube channel and another name for messages sent from their Gmail account, for example.
Here’s how to easily change the name of a channel on YouTube.
How to Change the Name of a YouTube Channel
YouTube creators with both personal accounts and brand accounts can change the name of their channel without changing their Google account name.
These changes can be made from either YouTube Studio on desktop or the YouTube mobile app.
Changing a YouTube channel’s name on desktop:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left-hand menu, select Customization and then Basic info.
- Click Edit to update your channel name.
- Enter your new channel description.
- Click Publish.
Continue Reading Below
Changing a YouTube channel’s name on mobile:
- Open the YouTube mobile app.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Tap Your Channel.
- In the right-hand corner of your channel page, tap Settings.
- Next to your name, tap Edit.
- Update your channel name and tap the tick in the corner.
Curiously, YouTube’s help page about managing a channel’s basic info has not yet been updated to…