- The pandora’s box opened when the link building game got out of control at some point ultimately leading to lower-quality but better-linked pages on top of search results – and that’s when Google started taking counteractions.
- Whether you or Google like it or not, backlinks remain the crucial part of Google’s algorithm, and consequently, backlink analysis remains the most important step to organic visibility.
- However, everyone in our industry keeps facing the same question again and again: How to tell good links from the bad ones?
- All of the SEOs working with sites with more than 20 pages and brands with more than $200 budget know that looking at each backlink is hardly possible.
- Is there a data-driven approach to link building? Ann Smarty helps you create a data-driven backlink analysis strategy.
Backlink analysis has always been one of the toughest tasks of digital marketers and one SEOs have never really found an agreement upon.
And Google has never been really too helpful in ending that debate once and for all.
A quick look into the history of link building
A decade or so ago Google had told us to get other webmasters to link to our pages and even provided us with a tool – PageRank Toolbar – to measure the effectiveness of our link building efforts.
That’s when the Pandora box was opened and no one has been…