Ever notice the blue checkmark beside the names of people you idolize on social platforms?
That’s right, this one.
The checkmark might not look like much, but it means:
- The account is authentic.
- The account belongs to a celebrity or industry leader.
If you’re a business owner, getting that checkmark on your social media accounts can:
- Make you stand out in the crowd.
- Show your followers you’re influential in your industry.
- Boost your self-confidence. 😉
A verified account on any social platform will give you the same result: a stronger online presence.
However, getting your account verified on each platform is different.
So, how do you get this coveted blue checkmark on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram?
How do you get Google’s blue shield or Pinterest’s red checkbox?
Read on to find out how to get your social media accounts verified.
How to Verify Your Facebook Account
The blue check on Facebook is called a verification badge.
Here’s how to get yours.
Make Sure You Meet the Criteria for Getting Verified
Before you get your badge, Facebook will look into your account to see if it meets their criteria for verification.
Here are four things Facebook will look for.
- The authenticity of your account. They’ll want to make sure you’re using your real personal or business name.
- Your account’s uniqueness. Your account should be interesting and specific (no general names like “cat memes” or “funny photos”).
- A complete setup. Your account doesn’t have to be fancy, but it does…