We analyzed 502 B2B companies to better understand how they approach content marketing. And to help identify content marketing approaches that work best in the B2B space.
Specifically, we looked at:
- How many B2B companies have a blog
- The types of content are they publishing
- How much organic traffic B2B blogs receive each month
- The characteristics of top performing B2B content
- And more
Now it’s time to share what we discovered.
Our summary findings are as follows:
1. 72% of B2B companies have a blog. Put another way, 28% of B2B companies don’t have a blog.
2. Only 8% of B2B companies solely use their blogs for sharing company-focused, PR-style content.
3. B2B blogs that create education content receive 52% more organic traffic than those that mainly publish content about their company.
4. Only 29% of B2B companies allow comments on their blog posts.
5. 65% of B2B companies use stock images in their blog posts.
6. The most popular call-to-action in B2B content is to highlight “related posts” or “related content”.
7. 35% of companies used “subscribe to our newsletter” as a prominent call-to-action on their blogs.
8. Only 24% of companies use pop-ups on their blogs.
9. On average, B2B blogs receive 282 visits from organic search each month.
10. Top-performing B2B blog posts receive an average of 99 shares on social media and 49 visits per month from organic search.
72% of B2B Companies Have a Blog
Our research found that nearly 3 out of 4 B2B companies have…