1. If You’re Blind, You Have to Cope with the Inevitable Beginner Errors:
2. Make the Most of Your Date:
3. Find Your Inner Date:
4. Don’t Be a Dude:
5. Don’t Be a Dump:
6. Pick Up:
7. Bonus: Ten Versatile Activities for One-Night Stands
8. 9. DATE #1:
The First Date is About Showing Off Who You Are:
You go on a first date to get to know a person— and to show off your best self. It’s a speed-dating situation, in which you have to do all the talking and aren’t sure if that person is interested in you until they ask you a few follow-up questions. If you come across as someone you’re not, chances are you’ll never hear from them again. If you’re the confident type, it’s time to hit the dating circuit. Go to a bar or restaurant that you’d like to visit, and dress up.
1. To a first date, where there are no expectations, there can be no pressure. Remember: You’re supposed to get to know the person, so don’t overanalyze. When you go, be open to conversation. One of the very best places to do this is a local pub or restaurant, where it can be a fun place to hang out. You’re “bar hopping” on a date and you’re going to have a drink. So don’t take it too seriously. It’s also the perfect place to get a feel for the person’s vibe.
2. If the person you meet at the bar is someone you think you’d want to see again, skip the third date and the first three months of questioning why you didn’t get the second date. (If you dated five people in the last month, there’s a chance you’ll find a great one—likely you don’t need a personality test for that.) Skip the too-soon job interview. Take the slow, cautious approach. Unless the bar person is some sort of life-or-death situation, skip it. Instead, try another bar or restaurant.
3. Going on a lot of first dates may sound overwhelming, but it’s nothing compared to doing nothing. Put yourself out there. Be proactive and make a little bit of a plan. All the same, you’re not a reporter http://www.adultmatch247.com/articles/use-hookup-apps-reviews-for-finding-the-best-sex-site
So, we’ll get this out of the way: Getting into a relationship is a totally normal and healthy thing. And while the people you date might be a bit more demanding than you’re used to, it should be a relatively nonstressful process. You’ll likely still have fun!
But if you’re interested in finding love, you’re going to have to take some steps to improve your dating—and that’s fine. We’re not here to judge, but we do want to offer a few tips to help, based on our experiences, as well as our contacts with other single professionals. After all, there’s no shame in picking up some pointers from the pros.
General Dating Rules
Image by nytimes.com
1) Have fun.
Dating is supposed to be fun! The more fun you have, the more likely you’ll be to have more dates. If you’re feeling like you’re not enjoying yourself, it’s time to switch things up. Maybe you’re having too many drinks or you’re doing too much talking. Try going out with a new friend. Or maybe you’re in a city with a diverse dating scene and you’re taking dating too seriously. Perhaps you need to move a little closer to where you’re working so you can spend less money on transportation and more time at the bar. But whatever it is, make sure you’re having fun.
2) Don’t talk about yourself too much.
I know, I know. All those terrible stand-up comedians! That’s what they’re famous for! And you can’t say anything about yourself, can you? Not if you want to go on a date, right? Unless you’re doing stand up comedy.
But let’s be real here: Nobody wants to listen to you talk about how you’re going to be a hit in the music industry or how you’re going to solve global warming. Nobody, that is, except for you. So it’s probably best to not drop the name dropping in the first place, unless you want to find yourself at a cocktail party being listened to in that squirrelly way that people do when they’re really focused on what you’re saying. What you’re saying is boring. You are fascinating! So keep it short and keep it sweet.
Get ready to be humbled.
3) Ask questions!
This might be one of the more obvious tips, but it still gets overlooked. The last time