In a world that’s increasingly dominated by video, getting more views on YouTube should be near (if not at) the top of every content marketer’s to-do list.
Before you say it, allow me to address the elephant in the room: YouTube views don’t keep the lights on. If you’re hesitant to dedicate time and resources to a channel that doesn’t drive direct ROI, you’re not alone. Plenty of marketers—under pressure to meet short-term targets—prefer to forgo YouTube and invest everything they have in paid search and paid social.
I empathize with these folks—I really do. But we need to acknowledge a hard truth: Without a healthy volume of top-of-funnel prospects, you won’t be able to consistently meet your targets over the long term. You need to create content that spreads awareness of your company and builds affinity for your brand.
YouTube is the perfect place to publish that content. And with the COVID-19 crisis making it unusually difficult to sell, now is a good time to focus on that top-of-funnel prospect pool.
Here are 10 tips to help you get more views on YouTube this year:
- Make good content (that nobody else is making).
- Think in terms of series, not individual videos.
- Familiarize yourself with YouTube SEO.
- Link up with other content creators.
- Use cards and end screens.
- Write a blog post to accompany each video.
- Add timestamps to your video descriptions.
- Get the word out on social media.
- Don’t skimp on your…