- Display and video advertising already have tactics that can be highly effective in a cookie-less world.
- Contextual advertising is going to rise, as users will be in the right state of mind to interact with the brands’ ads.
- Content sponsorship is going to build strong relationships between brands and consumers, as the values and purpose of each brand will be transmitted to the audience in a non-aggressive sales-y way.
- Channel integration can become the norm as channels can support each other through insights.
- User-based targeting will still allow for personalization with the consent of the user.
Let’s face it. The world is going through difficult times, and so is every method of advertising. People are suspicious and don’t trust advertising, thinking that ads may lead to fraud or that advertisers act only to their own benefit and that the consumers will get no value out these promotional banners sitting around the content they visit. They get annoyed when video advertising interrupts their user experience popping up or getting in the way of their desired content.
Things get worse when the ads are totally irrelevant to the user’s interests, which results in total waste of money. Things got a bit better with cookies, as we could target specific audience segments based on their demographics and browsing behavior so that the ads where tailored to their state of…