March is National Reading, Women’s History, Brain Injury, Youth Art, and Nutrition Month. It’s also #marchmadness and #gogreen time. There’s a lot going on! Between these and many other themes (including the first day of spring), there are plenty of opportunities to market your business in unique ways, connect with your audience, and attract more customers.
That’s why we’ve written this post, which covers 30+ creative and affordable March marketing ideas. We’re going to provide you with:
- A list of March awareness causes, holidays, and observances.
- A list of March hashtags to use this month on social media.
- Examples of March promotions, social media posts, and more from real businesses across a range of verticals.
For your convenience, we’ve grouped the ideas by holiday/observance. Ready to engage your customers and get your name out there? Read on.
March holidays and observances
There are some really great holidays this month…some are super-specific while others are enjoyed by most everyone giving you loads of options for creative and local marketing. They include but are not limited to:
- Read Across America Day
- Dr. Seuss’ Birthday
- International Women’s Day
- Daylight Savings
- Girl Scout’s Day
- Pi Day
- St. Patrick’s Day
- First Day of Spring
- International Puppy Day
- National Medal of Honor Day
- Mom and Pop Business Owner Day
- MLB Opening Day (so long as the pandemic permits)
- Crayon Day
March awareness causes
There are many…